Have a question for Ask The Geek? Send it to me.
Dear Ask the Geek,
I have a question for the photo geek. What book or resource do you recommend to learn tips on using a DSLR? Want to increase my knowledge before my trip to Lucca this April.
this time I’m trying something a little different and I hope you’ll find it useful – I’m answering you in a quick video! Check out my answer regarding improving photography with some helpful tips about using your manual, books and sites you can read for tips, and setting some goals for improving your photography. I’ve also included some helpful links below the video (direct link to the video in case you don’t see it)
Books & gear I mentioned:
- The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby [Kindle ebook version]
- The Digital Photography Book – Volume 2 by Scott Kelby [Kindle ebook version]
- The Digital Photography Book – Volume 3 by Scott Kelby [Kindle ebook version]
- All 3 volumes of Scott Kelby’s The Digital Photography Books – [Kindle pack]
- More camera/video gear and photography booksI use or recommend – and more books that talk about composition and the more artistic side of photography
I also wrote a post about tips to improve your photography with any camera (not just a DSLR).
Other sites & blogs you should check out: (have a favorite site? leave it in the comments)
- Digital Photography School (they have a very active forum, too)
- Jasmine Star Photography (especially for portraits / wedding)
- Joe McNally
- Stuck in Customs
- Mitchell Kanashkevich (he has a lot of ebooks, too)
Hope that helps,
Sara Rosso, aka WIHT’s in-house geek
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are to Amazon – I’m an Amazon affiliate and I will receive a small percentage if the product is purchased.